Our History

Founded in 1889,  the church was located in Rogers Prairie.  Around 1907, a railroad was being built between Houston and Dallas and ran thru part of Rogers Prairie.  Near the tracks, the town of Normangee was established.  

To be closer to the railroad, the residents of Rogers Prairie moved to Normangee.  They built a new post office and literally moved the church. The original church building, which was also their school, was placed on homemade log rollers and moved over 2 miles to the newly incorporated town of Normangee. 

 In 1909, the original church building was replaced with a beautiful new wooden building.  Later,  in 1965 that building was replaced by the brick  “A” frame structure that we have today. In 1997 the  beautiful stained glass windows were added to the Sanctuary.  They were created by a local stained glass artist named Robert Foster. The Methodist women held weekly bake sales for a year to raise enough money to build the adjoining Fellowship hall.  This building continues to  provide rooms for children and adult bible studies and a place for fellowship and community activities